A rail shuttle service has come into place on the Stonehaven to Aberdeen line almost three weeks on from the Carmont train tragedy.
The service was introduced on Monday and will call at Aberdeen, Portlethen, and Stonehaven, with some services extended to start or terminate at Inverurie or Dyce.
A replacement bus service remains in place between Dundee and Stonehaven for rail travellers.
Scotrail said the timescale for full return of train services is not yet known following the August 12 tragedy which claimed the lives of train driver Train driver Brett McCullough, conductor Donald Dinnie and passenger Christopher Stuchbury.
Network Rail will carry out extensive repairs to the track and railway infrastructure once investigations at the scene of the derailment are complete.
A new access road is being built to ease access to the crash site after Aberdeenshire Council last week announced the three-week closure of the Tewel to Elfhill road at Drumlithie to allow Network Rail to carry out works.
Rail Accident Investigation Branch officials are continuing their in-depth probe of the crash site south of Stonehaven, where the train carriages remain in place.
ScotRail operations director, David Simpson said: “The past two weeks have been incredibly difficult for everyone affected by the events of Wednesday August 12 including our local teams and the local community.
“As we work towards the full return of rail passenger services in the north east, we’ll continue to support those impacted by this tragic event in any way we can.”