Each week Julia Bryce finds out how to fix yourself a decadent drink, right in the comfort of your own home.
For those looking for a spring cocktail to try out at home, look no further than the Valencia Fizz.
Created by the team at The Esslemont in Aberdeen, this simple-yet-flavoursome drink is perfect for sipping on when relaxing with the family.
With a Scottish citrus gin which tastes of fresh oranges, not to mention bitters and lemon, this citrus-forward drink is great topped up with Champagne or Prosecco.
Try it our for yourself.
Valencia Fizz by The Esslemont
- 35ml Esker Spirits Silverglas Valencian Orange
- 25ml lemon juice
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Top up with Fevertree Mediterranean Tonic and Champagne or Prosecco (optional)
- Mint sprig, to garnish
- Orange wedge, to garnish
- Add the gin, lemon juice and bitters into a wine glass.
- Add ice and top up with the tonic. If you are adding Champagne or Prosecco, leave space to do so.
- Garnish with an orange wedge and a mint spring.
Read more in this series…