If you love gin, then this easy cocktail recipe featuring rhubarb and mint is a must for World Gin Day.
When it come to refreshing flavours, nothing hits the spot quite like freshly picked mint.
Add in some seasonal rhubarb, a touch of lime juice, and a double measure of gin, and you’ve got yourself a delectable summer time cocktail.
Great for sipping in the garden on a warm summer’s day, or enjoying before on World Gin Day this Saturday (June 13), this is one drink that balances sweet and sour beautifully.
Try it for yourself by following the recipe below.
The Springtime Southside
- 50ml Vesperis Pictish Gin
- 25ml fresh lime juice
- 12.5ml sugar syrup (you can add more to preferred taste)
- 5 mint leaves
- 4 cubes of rhubarb
- Muddle the rhubarb and sugar syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Add all of the other ingredients.
- Shake well with ice.
- Double strain into a rocks style glass filled with ice and garnish with a sprig of mint and a rhubarb peel.
Read more in this series…