Pimp up your glass of bubbly with these easy-to-make drinks that you can serve up in a flash.
It’s National Prosecco Day today so it only seems right to toast the occasion with a glass full of fizz.
While it may have fallen on a weekday this year, there’s no harm in waiting until the weekend to celebrate with friends and family.
However, if you fancy a sip or two tonight, or have decided to open a bottle, we’ve got three simple drinks recipes which are bound to spruce up your prosecco in no time.
From the Aperol Spritz made with Italian aperitif, Aperol, which first became popular in the 1950s, to the Mimosa – a brunch-classic, not forgetting the easy drinking Bellini, these drinks are not just quick to whip up, but they are super refreshing on a hot summer’s day.
Created by mobile bar hire firm The Cocktail Service, which is currently running virtual cocktail masterclasses, these fruity, enjoyable drinks are a must to enjoy in the warmer weather.
- 30ml Aperol
- 60ml prosecco
- 30ml soda water
- Put a few ice cubes into a goblet glass and add the Aperol and prosecco.
- Top up with soda water and add in a few pieces of freshly sliced orange.
- 50ml fresh orange juice
- Pour the fresh orange juice into a Champagne flute and then top with prosecco.
- 100ml prosecco
- 25ml of peach puree (or substitute for your favourite fruit flavour)
- Pour the prosecco into a Champagne flute and stir in the peach puree.
For more in this series…