If you’re a fan of Asian cuisine and all things spicy, this is the perfect recipe using pork belly to add to your weeknight repertoire
There’s no doubt we’ve all become a bit better acquainted with our kitchens these past few months, so this delicious pork belly dinner idea from Baxters will be a breeze to make.
With the pork belly requiring an hour in the oven first off, if you’re working from home why not pop it in during your late-afternoon coffee break so it’s ready to transform into a scrumptious dinner once you’ve finished for the day?
Though peanuts are used in this recipe, for those with a peanut allergy swap them in for cashews or almonds.
Jalapeno-glazed pork belly
- 1kg pork belly (skin on)
- 1 jar Baxters Spicy Jalapeno Chilli Relish
- 2 pak choi heads
- 1 carrot
- 50g sugar snap peas
- 100g shredded red cabbage
- 20g root ginger
- 1 red chilli
- Juice of 1 lime
- 30g coriander
- 50g peanuts, chopped
- Drizzle of oil salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the pork belly on a wire rack in a roasting tray and place in the oven. Roast for an hour.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the Baxters Spicy Jalapeno Chilli Relish.
- Place back in the oven and bake for a further hour, brushing with the relish at 15-minute intervals to build up the glaze.
- Remove pork from the oven when meat is tender and allow to rest. Shred the carrot, pak choi, cabbage, sugar snaps and ginger.
- Place in a large bowl and finish with the coriander, chilli, peanuts and lime juice.
- To finish, place the pork under a hot grill to crisp up the crackling.
- Serve slices of the pork with a good handful of the slaw and finish with even more Baxters Relish.
Recipe courtesy of Baxters.
Read more in this series…