An easy meal to make, this special fried rice recipe is perfect for any weeknight.
For more midweek meal ideas, take a look at previous recipes in this series.
Special fried rice with radish, celery and spring onions
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 250g pork strips
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 2 sticks of celery, sliced diagonally
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 pack wholemeal microwave rice
- ¼ Chinese leaf lettuce, shredded
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp sesame seed
- In a large wok, heat the oil until very hot and cook the pork strips, tossing and stirring throughout. Add the garlic and ginger, stir and then add the celery and radish.
- Continue to stir while adding the rice, Chinese leaf lettuce and spring onions. Add in the soy, hot sauce and mirin and stir while everything cooks. The vegetables should keep a good crunch.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of loveradish.co.uk
Read more in this series…