Toast the popular Mexican holiday with a tequila twist on a classic cocktail.
Cinco de Mayo is an annual celebration held on May 5 every year to commemorate the date the Mexican Army was victorious over the French Empire on the Battle of Puebla in 1862.
To mark the occasion, many people across the world celebrate the day, usually with good food and lots of drinks surrounded by family and friends.
This year is no different when it comes to celebrating, albeit some friends and families won’t be able to do so in the same ways they usually would due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
A play on a traditional cocktail, this Tequila Rose Flip has been created by Terrance Lundy, a mixologist at Aberdeen-based Boozy Events.
For those looking to spice up their weekend, or to toast the occasion, be sure to try out this easy to make cocktail with creamy Tequila Rose.
You can find more cocktail recipes here.
Tequila Rose Flip
- 50ml Tequila Rose
- 1 whole egg
- 25ml Silver Cazcabel tequila
- 12.5ml raspberry syrup
- Dried raspberries, crushed
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice to chill.
- Strain back into the shaker and dry shake (without the ice this time) to continue emulsification.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with crushed raspberries.