Easter is upon us, spring has sprung and the clocks have gone forward. With the cold, dark winter behind us – its time to take a well deserved break.
Well…we think it is!
Here at The Courier Travel, we are finding departures in May are being asked about a lot more, and it is easy to see why. The sunshine can be satisfying, the resorts are more relaxing than in peak season – and you can be pleased at the price paid compared to the July or August departures.
Here are 5 popular holidays we’ve hand-picked as still available, all departing in May.
The clear blue waters, charming lakeside resorts and imposing mountians as a back-drop – it is no wonder Lake Garda has been a popular holiday hotspot for more than 100 years.
- May temperature – Averages 17 Celcuis / 63 Farenheit, highs of 22 / 72
- Fly direct from Edinburgh to Milan
- Departing 28 May 2017
- Price from £579pp (8 days) – various hotel upgrades available
Take in a taste of Wales along with a soupcon of Chester on this brand new tantalising tour. From our base in the pretty seaside town of Llandudno, we’ll visit the Mediterreanean style village of Portmeirion – familiar to many as the setting for the classic TV series, The Prisoner – among many excursions.
- May temperature – Averages 11 Celcuis / 52 Farenheit, highs of 14 / 57
- Coach travel from Dundee, Perth, Dunfermline or Edinburgh
- Departing 8 May 2017
- Price from £349pp (5 Days)
A new May date was added to this tour due to popular demand! Up to 9 different islands are visited while exploring blindingly white sandy beaches and the 5000 year old standing stones of Callanish.
- May temperature – Averages 10 Celcuis / 50 Farenheit, highs of 13 / 55
- Coach travel from Dundee (subject to numbers), Perth, Dunfermline or Edinburgh
- Departing 3 May 2017
- Price from £785pp (6 Days)
Our unbeatable value Theatre Showstopper package offers return rail travel to London, 2 nights stay at a 3 or 4 star London hotel, together with a top priced ticket for a Friday evening performance of the show of your choice from our fabulous selection.
- May temperature – Averages 14 Celcuis / 57 Farenheit, highs of 17 / 63
- Rail travel from Dundee, Perth or Edinburgh
- Departing 5, 12 & 19 May
- Price from £299pp (3 Days)
This area of sunny southern France is one of the most scenic parts of the Mediterranean and offers visitors the chance to also visit the pleasant spa town of Roussillon as well as Barcelona.
- May temperature – Averages 16 Celcuis / 61 Farenheit, highs of 17 / 63
- Fly direct from Edinburgh or Glasgow to Barcelona
- Departing 11 May
- Price from £749pp (8 Days)