Firefighters were called to a fire at a hotel in Glenrothes this afternoon.
The alarm was raised at around 4.30pm after reports of a fire at the Golden Acorn Hotel in Glenrothes.
A Scottish Fire & Rescure spokesman confirmed that three fire appliances were dispatched.
It’s understood the fire started by electrical wiring inside and external wall of the building.
Police cordoned off the immediate area in North Street where the hotel and Wetherspoon’s pub are situated as customers were escorted away from the building.
Emergency crews were at the scene for around 90 minutes before declaring the situation safe.
More from The Courier
- Sam Imrie: The hate-fuelled Fife loner who danced with fascists and got burned
- Fife mosque ‘terror attack plot’ — Glenrothes man goes on trial at High Court in Edinburgh
- Emergency services called to Forfar street after fire in block of flats
- Lundin Links Hotel: Call for answers over future of iconic Tudor building