A party from the Montrose Air Station Heritage Centre was among the guests at RAF Lossiemouth for the opening of No.2 (AC) Squadron’s new purpose built Squadron headquarters.
No. 2 Squadron has historic links to Montrose, being the first unit to arrive in February 1913.
The squadron reformed at RAF Marham in January 2015 with Typhoon aircraft, before relocating to Lossiemouth, returning to Scotland for the first time in 100 years.
The heritage centre is currently constructing a replica BE2 aircraft, the type that 2 Squadron first brought to Montrose.