Woman treated following Arbroath house fire

© DC Thomson

A woman has been treated for light smoke inhalation following a house fire in Arbroath.

The incident happened around 11.35am on Wednesday in Lochlands Street.

The alarm was raised by the householder after fire broke out in the airing cupboard.

Two crews from Arbroath Fire Station raced to the scene.

One firefighter wearing breathing apparatus went inside the property and extinguished the blaze using a hosereel jet.

Firefighters then used a pressured ventilation fan to clear the smoke from the house.

The woman was checked over by a paramedic for light smoke inhalation but did not require to be taken to hospital.

A cordon was put up around the house while firefighters tackled the incident.

Breaking

    Cancel