A man was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after an Arbroath house blaze on Friday night.
The alarm was raised shortly before midnight when the fire broke out in a first-floor flat at Elm Brae.
Scottish Fire and Rescue Service units from Arbroath and Dundee’s Balmossie station dealt with the incident.
A fire service spokesperson said they received the call out around 11.45 pm and the incident was dealt with by 12.30 am.
One man was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to Ninewells Hospital where he was detained overnight for observation.
He is understood to have escaped serious injury.