Emergency services rushed to an Angus secondary school in the early hours of Saturday morning after fire broke out in a storeroom.
Scottish Fire and Rescue Service personnel and Police Scotland officers attended the blaze at Monifieth High School shortly before 4am.
Two fire appliances, one from Balmossie and one from the Kingsway in Dundee, attended.
Fire-fighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze in one of the storerooms within the school, extinguishing it using one hose-reel and one safety jet.
They also checked the area using a thermal image camera and used one fan ventilation.
They left the scene at 4.50am.
Angus Council confirmed the school will be open for pupils and staff on Monday despite the small fire which caused minor damage in a science classroom.
It stated: “The Scottish Fire & Rescue Service and Police Scotland attended to deal with the incident and enquiries are ongoing to establish the cause.
“Some repairs will be required.”
A Police Scotland spokesman confirmed they received a call at 3.05am stating a fire alarm had been activated in the building.
He said:“One of the caretakers found smoke within a storeroom in the science building.
“It was a small fire which is being treated as accidental.
“The last update was the incident is closed so we will have no more involvement.”