Members of a Moray-based air force squadron with historic links to Montrose paraded through the town on Friday to exercise their Freedom of Angus.
The event in honour of no. 2 (AC) Squadron Royal Air Force also featured a flypast by two Typhoons from RAF Lossiemouth outside Old and St Andrews Church.
The parade formed in Baltic Street before heading to George Street and then into the heart of the High Street.
Following speeches and the flypast, the squadron attended a reception at the Montrose Air Station and Heritage Centre in Waldron Road.
Based at RAF Lossiemouth, No. 2 (AC) Squadron Royal Air Force was formed at Farnborough in 1912.
Under the Royal Flying Corps, it was the first to land its aircraft at Montrose Air Station in 1913 and is recognised as the oldest fixed wing squadron in the world.
On August 13 1914, it was a 2 Sqn pilot, Lt Harvey-Kelly, who was the first to land from the RFC in Amiens, France, in one hour 55 minutes.
In these early days the Squadron set many aviation records, including Capt Longcroft who flew the longest non-stop flight in a BE2 (7 hrs 20 mins), and Lt Waldron who set a new national height record of 16,000ft.
They were granted the Freedom of Angus in the RAF’s centenary year last year by Angus Council following a request from the Montrose Air Station Heritage Centre.
Among those attending the event were Lord Lieutenant of Angus Georgiana Osborne; Angus Provost Ronnie Proctor; Group Captain JRE Walls, Station Commander at RAF Lossiemouth; Wing Commander Jim “Rosie” Lee, Commander of No. 2 Sqn at RAF Lossiemouth; and Angus Council Chief Executive, Margo Williamson; along with Mairi Gougeon, MSP for Angus North and Mearns and other elected members and invited guests.