Council chiefs have launched an investigation after two static homes and ground works appeared at an illegal camp site near Dundee.
Locals in Tealing said a single structure first arrived late last month in a field close to Balnuith Farm.
It is understood efforts have also been made to install a septic tank system on the site.
Now it’s been confirmed a second static home has arrived in the area despite planning officials from Angus Council issuing prohibition notices.
The site is just yards from Dundee City Council-owned Balmuir Wood, a permanent Traveller base.
Planning officers from Angus Council have previously attended and issued both temporary stop notices and planning contravention notices.
It’s understood officials attended again on Wednesday to issue further warnings.
Tealing Community Council confirmed the group would be “keeping an eye” on the situation.
The group’s chair, Sandra Burke, said: “The community council has received some complaints which we referred on to Angus Council.
“Angus Council has already said any action necessary will be taken.
“It appears the council has received no planning application for the site, so it looks like activity is ongoing without planning permission.
“That point is causing concern amongst residents.”
While she admits local people are concerned about the situation, Ms Burke says the community council will wait for official word from Angus Council before taking matters further.
She added: “We’ve got a Traveller site at Balmuir which we’ve had for 20 years with no issues.
“We are in daily contact with the planning department, but at the moment we’re all waiting to see what’s going on.”
An Angus council spokesperson said: “Officers attended and noted that two static caravans were on the site and ground works have been undertaken.
“Consideration is now being given to the appropriate course of action to be taken with regards to this matter.”