The Scottish SPCA is appealing for information after a cat died after being poisoned with antifreeze in Dundee.
The incident happened in Kirkton, and the SSPCA has said it is aware of several other potential incidents of cats being poisoned.
Scotland’s animal welfare charity was alerted after the cat, Sox, was taken to a vet by her owner having been found under a car making unusual noises.
SSPCA inspector Robert Baldie said: “We’ve been aware of a number of potential cat poisonings in the area over the past few months.
“The owner in this circumstance reacted in the right way by taking Sox directly to the vet.
“Unfortunately, Sox had already suffered significantly and was in a coma with hypothermia before she then sadly passed away.
“We had suspected poisoning was the cause of Sox’s condition and now the results of the post-mortem confirm it was antifreeze.
“It is essential that everyone stores antifreeze out of reach of cats and other animals as it can have devastating effects, as can be seen by the sad outcome of this incident.”
Anyone with information is being urged to contact the Scottish SPCA animal helpline on 03000 999 999.