Residents involved in a long running dispute to remove a caravan berthed illegally on a Broughty Ferry path are relieved the issue has been resolved.
A static home had been placed on a wooded walkway close to North Balmossie Street and Wyvis Place last September.
Council officials had made motions to have the caravan and its berthing platforms taken away, compiling a request for direct action which will be seen by the development management committee this coming Monday.
An enforcement notice was served on the owner in January, giving them 180 days notice to clear the site.
A dispute between the neighbours saw residents complain about the “army compound” nature while the caravan owner claimed they had been targeted with abuse and anti-social behaviour.
One Panmurefield resident, who did not wish to be named, said the neighbourhood had “breathed a sigh of relief” that the dispute had come to an end.
Ferry councillor Craig Duncan said the community were looking forward to getting the path back to the way it was.
He said: “The caravan has been removed for about a week and the owners removed it.
“The council will meet on Monday still to discuss removing the hard-standing and metal work which still are onsite.
“It is a lovely area of the city and it will be good to have the bollards put back in to completely restrict vehicle access and return it to walkers and cyclists.
“I am sure everyone is keen to get it all back to normal. My understanding is the occupants have decided to comply with the notice to quit.
“It’s safe to say the vast majority of residents will be relieved it is gone. It is only right that planning permission laws are applied and followed by everyone in the city.”
The council estimates that the cost of removing the hard-standing and metal work will be £750, which will be met initially from the city development revenue budget, before being recovered by the landowner.