Fire in flat on Sandeman Place

© DC Thomson

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus attended a blaze on a street which sits between Dundee’s football stadiums.

Three appliances raced to Sandeman Place on Saturday morning to extinguish a blaze in a tenement building.

Officers using breathing apparatus are said to have entered the property just after 11am, using two hose reels to bring the fire under control.

It is understood no-one was seriously hurt in the incident, but a woman was checked over by Scottish Ambulance Service paramedics on the scene as a precaution.

A spokesperson for Scottish Fire and Rescue confirmed the blaze had been put out by 11.30am.

Police confirmed there was no suspicious circumstances surrounding the blaze and there were no injuries as a result.

One of the flat’s occupant and a neighbour were checked over by ambulance staff but did not require further treatment according to police.

Breaking

    Cancel