A series of road closures caused build-ups of traffic in Dundee this week.
One-way systems in place on the likes of Clepington Road and Victoria Street have forced commuters into detours and bus services to re-route.
The Stobswell area has been heavily congested most mornings and evenings, with an increase in rush hour traffic on the likes of Forfar Road, Albert Street and Blackscroft.
There were reports of “considerable congestion” in the area on Wednesday due to one of the closures.
? Due to the sourhbound closure of Victoria Road (towards the City Centre), morning traffic is currently displaced via Stobswell and Blackscroft, causing considerable congestion in those areas. Delays likely on services 5 | 9/10 | 15/17 | 22 | 28/29 | 32/33 pic.twitter.com/qLKXexBeIJ
— Xplore Dundee (@XploreDundeeBus) May 30, 2018
The following closures have been contributing to the problems:
- Clepington Road, closed westbound from Fairmuir Street to Mains Loan
- Arklay Street, partly one-way
- Court Street North, closed from Clepington Road side. Local access only.
- Victoria Road from Victoria Street to Ladywell Avenue. Down to one-way, city-bound traffic from Dens Road re-routed.
- Dens Road from Arthurstone Terrace to Victoria Street.
- Strathmartine Road from Canning Street to Hill Street – closed for eight weeks.