Underground power cables sparked a fire in a Lochgelly street.
Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said one crew was attending a “small” fire in South Street on Wednesday morning.
The service confirmed that engineers from Scottish Power were in attendance.
“Police are also now in attendance and are engaged in traffic management,” said a fire service spokesperson.
The fire was described as being “in the open” and not in the immediate vicinity of properties.
A spokesperson for Scottish Power said: “We experienced an underground cable fault in Lochgelly at approximately 9.44am on Wednesday which caused some smoke to be visible from the ground.
“Our response team was on site within 10 minutes to remove fuses and isolate the cable. Excavations are now under way to allow a full repair to be made.”