Golf chiefs were left hot under the collar after a steamy dishwasher sparked an emergency response.
Fire crews were called to the Royal and Ancient Golf Club in St Andrews at around 7.40pm on Tuesday.
A spokeswoman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to a fire alarm activation at the Royal and Ancient club house in St Andrews at 7.41pm.
“It was a false alarm caused by steam from a dishwasher.”
One of the oldest golf clubs in the world, the Royal and Ancient Golf Club was one of the governing bodies of the sport until 2004, when it was taken over by a group of companies called The R&A.