A probe has been launched to establish the source of a fire in Fife which left one man needing treatment for smoke inhalation.
Emergency services were called to the scene on Julian Road in Glenrothes shortly after 7.30pm on Tuesday.
Four appliances tackled the blaze which was well established within the ground floor flat in the Cadham area of the town.
Fire appliances from Glenrothes, Methil and Kirkcaldy were sent to the scene.
One man was handed into the care of the Scottish Ambulance Service for treatment however he is not thought to be seriously hurt.
Police Scotland confirmed they were also called to the fire due to the size of the blaze.
The damaged property remained under a police guard on Wednesday,
A spokeswoman for the SFRS said: “The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service was alerted at 7.38pm on Tuesday, March 12 to reports of a fire within a flat in Glenrothes.
“Operations Control mobilised four fire engines to Julian Road where firefighters extinguished the fire.
“One male casualty was passed into the care of Scottish Ambulance Service for treatment for smoke inhalation.
“Crews left the scene after ensuring the area was made safe.”