Rail passengers are facing further delays today as ScotRail cancels 23 of its services running through Tayside and Fife due to a shortage of train crew.
An additional 10 services through Courier country have been disrupted as a result of the staffing shortage.
According to the website, the following services have been axed today:
- 9.46am Edinburgh to Glenrothes With Thornton
- 10.40am Glenrothes With Thornton to Edinburgh
- 11.02am Perth to Edinburgh
- 1.12pm Aberdeen to Edinburgh
- 1.25pm Aberdeen to Montrose
- 1.41pm Edinburgh to Glenrothes with Thornton
- 2.11pm Edinburgh to Glenrothes with Thornton
- 2.39pm Glenrothes with Thornton to Edinburgh
- 2.52pm Montrose to Aberdeen
- 3.23pm Glenrothes With Thornton to Tweedbank
- 4.08pm Aberdeen to Montrose
- 4.19pm Glenrothes With Thornton to Tweedbank
- 4.27pm Edinburgh to Aberdeen
- 5.02pm Edinburgh to Arbroath
- 6.06pm Montrose to Aberdeen
- 7.18pm Edinburgh to Glenrothes With Thornton
- 7.38pm Arbroath to Dundee
- 7.47pm Edinburgh to Glenrothes With Thornton
- 7.53pm Aberdeen to Montrose
- 8.02pm Perth to Edinburgh
- 8.50pm Montrose to Aberdeen
- 9.07pm Glenrothes With Thornton to Edinburgh
- 10.44pm Perth to Edinburgh
On Tuesday, fresh calls were made for the Scottish Government to strip ScotRail of its contract to run the franchise, following a string of rail cancellations.
A ScotRail spokesman said: “This has been a challenging time for Scotland’s Railway, but things are improving.
“More trains are arriving on time than ever before, and everyone at the ScotRail Alliance is working flat out to provide customers with the service they deserve.
“Improving the service for our customers is the priority for everyone at ScotRail.
“We are training as many drivers and conductors as possible every day, and this will deliver continual improvements in the coming weeks and months.”
Travellers were quick to take to social media to express their frustration.