More than 700 homes in the Perth area were without power on Thursday evening after a fire in an electrical transformer.
Scottish and Southern Electricity (SSE) said 716 households in Tibbermore, Huntingtower and Methven lost power at around 6.45pm but most were restored by 8pm.
The company said a generator was on its way to the area and the remaining 93 customers should be reconnected by 10pm.
A spokesman apologised for the inconvenience and thanked householders for their patience
SSE was notified of the issue by the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, who were called out after a member of the public spotted the fire in a transformer attached to a wooden pole.
A cordon was put in place and firefighters remained at the scene until SSE representatives arrived.