Overnight road maintenance works are to begin in Perth this weekend, with “strict physical distancing protocols” in place for workers.
The £125,000 works will begin on Sunday on the A9 Broxden to Inveralmond road for five nights.
Road closures will be in place between 7.30pm until 6.30am each night.
The dates for the various closures on the road are outlined as follows:
- June 14: A9 between Broxden Roundabout and A85 Crieff Road, northbound
- June 15: A9 between A85 Crieff Road and Inveralmond Roundabout, northbound
- June 16: A9 Inveralmond Roundabout from Ruthvenfield Road and A9 between Inveralmond Roundabout and the A85 Crieff Road, southbound
- June 17: A9 between Inveralmond Roundabout and A85 Crieff Road, southbound
- June 18: A9 between A85 Crieff Road and Broxden Roundabout, southbound
Diversion routes will be put in place during these closures.
Physical distancing protocols will be in place to ensure the safety of site personnel.
BEAR Scotland’s North East Representative, Andy Thompson said: “At this difficult time the safety of our employees and our supply chain remains a top priority, and all personnel will be subject to strict physical distancing protocols in line with Scottish Government guidance to ensure they are kept safe.
“These improvement works on the A9 between Broxden Roundabout to Inveralmond Round have been prioritised and identified as an essential project to ensure that the A9 remains safe and reliable for key workers, deliveries and those making essential journeys.”
The works are expected to be completed by 6.30am on June 19.