Emergency services rushed to a dry-cleaning business in Perth following a chemical incident.
Police, fire crews and paramedics were called to Johnstone’s Apparelmaster on Ruthvenfield Road at 12.42pm.
Police said three people are suffering breathing difficulties and warned the public to stay away from the area.
Chemical inc at Inveralmond Ind Estate-3 people suffered minor breathing diff no wider threat to public but ask that you stay away from area
— TaysidePolice (@TaysidePolice) March 24, 2017
One eyewitness said: “This end of the estate is completely shut down. The fire guys told me the wrong chemicals had been mixed together, but seemed a bit vague on what the consequences were likely to be.”
A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to the Inveralmond Industrial Estate for a hazmat chemical incident.”
None of those affected needed hospital treatment. The incident was caused by chemicals being accidentally mixed together, causing potentially dangerous fumes.
A spokesperson for the company said: “All staff are absolutely fine. “The police response was simply as a precaution. We will be carrying out our own internal investigation to ensure this doesn’t happen again.”