Almost 300 homes were left without power after an 11,000 volt cable was downed by a tree.
The live current set fire to scrub land at Aberargie in Perthshire.
Fire crews rushed to the scene, near the Baiglie Inn, at around 2.20pm yesterday.
A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called after an 11,000 volt power cable came down and set fire to scrub land. SSE engineers isolated the power while we dealt with the fire.”
An SSE spokesman said a tree had brought down the cable.
He said: “A tree came down and that caused loss of power at 2.15pm.
“Around 290 customers were affected.”