Firefighters have returned to dampen down hot spots at a rural Perthshire house that was on fire at the weekend.
Appliances from Kirkmichael, Pitlochry and Blairgowrie rushed to the scene at the property in Bannerfield, Kirkmichael, after the alarm was raised around 6.50pm on Sunday.
The semi-detached house is extensively damaged as a result of the fire.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said fire crews had stood down around 12.15am on Monday after dealing with the blaze, but stated they returned to the scene afterwards.
“Fire crews went back out around 4.30am on Monday morning to dampen down hot spots and will go out again later today,” she said.
“They’re hoping that doing that combined with the heavy rain should help the situation. However, the house has been extensively damaged as a result of the blaze.”
Four main jets were used to tackle the outbreak along with a thermal imaging camera.
There were no reports of casualties in the incident. It’s believed the blaze may have started as a chimney fire.