A dog is being treated by specialist vets after drinking infected water from a Perthshire stream.
The pet was taken to the Small Animal Hospital in Glasgow after falling seriously ill.
It had been swimming in a burn at Auchterarder, between the fish ladder and Abbey Road.
SEPA officers are investigating the incident and have taken samples of the water. It is thought the stream could be infected with toxic algae, which builds up in the summer.
The team behind the Dog Friendly Perthshire tourism campaign warned its followers about the incident. The group said the dog had been at the foot of stairs, at the bottom of Lundies Walk.