Fire engines have raced to a flat in Perth city centre after smoke started appearing from a bathroom.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service rushed to the city’s North William Street at around 6.20pm when a smoke alarm began sounding.
Two engines arrived on the scene before firefighters piled out and entered a flat.
A SFRS spokesperson confirmed that the smoke had come from a faulty shower unit, and firefighters remain on the scene.
An eyewitness said: “I was walking home and two fire engines drew up beside me. Firefighters got out and headed into the flats with all the kit on.
“I could hear a loud alarm sounding as they headed in. I couldn’t see any smoke or flames”
More to follow.