Firefighters returned to dampen down hot spots at a rural Perthshire house that was “engulfed” in fire.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) confirmed that the semi-detached property at Bannerfield, Kirkmichael, was extensively damaged as a result of the blaze, which broke out around 6.50pm on Sunday.
Fire appliances from Kirkmichael, Pitlochry and Blairgowrie attended at the scene with 20 firefighters taking around four hours to bring the blaze under control.
Five hose reels were used in the operation along with a thermal imaging camera and two breathing apparatus.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said fire crews had stood down around 12.15am on Monday after dealing with the blaze, but stated they returned to the scene afterwards.
“Fire crews went back out around 4.30am on Monday morning to dampen down hot spots and then returned later in the day,” she said.
“The house has been extensively damaged as a result of the blaze. It had been engulfed in fire.”
There were no reports of casualties following the incident. It’s believed the blaze may have started as a chimney fire.