The hard work and dedication of carers will be celebrated in a week of events across Perth and Kinross.
Coffee mornings, tea in the park, a barbecue and dance will all be held, as part of an awareness campaign by Perth and Kinross Association of Voluntary Service (PKAVS) carers hub, to mark national Carers Week.
Events kick off on Monday June 11 with a coffee morning in Kinross, followed by a similar event in Auchterarder in the afternoon.
The following day PKAVS has teamed up with Live Active Leisure to put on a carers’ tea in the park, at Bells Sports Centre from 11am.
Young carers can have their say during a consultation aimed at helping them, taking place on Wednesday June 12 at 6pm in the National Christian Outreach Centre.
The newly-opened PKAVS garden will be put to good use for the young adult carers’ barbecue on the Thursday afternoon and celebrations will end with a tea dance at the Milton Royal Hotel in Blairgowire on Friday June 15.
As well as the group activities, there will be pop up stalls across Perthshire, offering information and support to help carers in their role.
All events are free and open to call carers and their families, to recognise the contribution they make to the communities of Perth and Kinross.
To book a place at any of the events contact Erman Maglalang on 01738 567076.
List of events:
Monday June 11
- Kinross coffee morning, 10am-12pm, Loch Leven Community Campus.
- Auchterarder coffee afternoon, 1pm-3pm, Aucheterarder Parish Church
Tuesday June 12
- Carers tea in the park, 11am-2pm, Bells Sports Centre, Perth
Wednesday June 13
- Aberfeldy pop up event, 12pm-4pm, Aberfeldy Square
- Young carers consultation, 6pm-8pm, National Christian Outreach Centre, Perth
Thursday June 14
- Carers information stall, 11am-2pm Sainsbury’s Kinross
- Pitlochry information event, 12pm-4pm, war memorial, Atholl Road
- Young adult carers barbecue bash, 4pm-7pm, The Gateway, Perth
Friday June 15
- Tea dance, 1.30pm-4.30pm, Milton Royal Hotel, Blairgowrie