An elderly man has escaped a dramatic Angus house blaze.
He fled his Taranty Road home in Forfar shortly after 2pm this afternoon after a fire took hold of the two-storey property.
Tayside Fire and Rescue units from Forfar, Kirriemuir and Dundee rushed to the scene and the blaze was brought under control by firefighters using hose jets.
The blaze remains under investigation but is believed to have started in the kitchen.
It quickly spread upstairs, with shocked neighbours alerted to the drama by the sight of thick grey smoke pouring from the property.
The man is thought to have been alone in the house at the time and did not require medical treatment.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said the house was “well alight” on their arrival.