A wheelchair-bound woman was rescued from an Angus flat blaze in the early hours of the morning.
The woman, in her 40s, was taken out of the homeless accommodation in Arbroath and staff at the unit have praised the “professional” response of emergency services who rushed to the scene around 1.30am.
Although the woman did not wish to speak about the incident, she was able to recover from the shock after damage to the property was contained.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said the emergency call to the North Grimsby housing association complex was received at 1.35am.
Units from Arbroath, Carnoustie and Balmossie in Monifieth rushed to the scene, adjacent to Burnside Drive and close to Arbroath harbour, to tackle the outbreak in the bedroom of the ground-floor flat.
Nobody was seriously injured.