There was a pre-trial hearing in the assault case against Secret Millionaire Tony Banks at Forfar Sheriff Court.
The court heard that the Falklands veteran and care home tycoon’s position was unlikely to change before his February 2 trial.
The 54-year-old ex-paratrooper’s appearance was excused at the further intermediate diet before Sheriff Gregor Murray this afternoon.
Banks previously appeared at Forfar Sheriff Court last week following his arrest in connection with an alleged incident involving his partner at a property in Kirriemuir.
He is alleged to have spat on her and grabbed her by the throat.
Banks faces a summary level charge of assault on December 9 at Platten in Kirriemuir’s Brechin Road.
He is accused of throwing a mobile phone at Ms Anderson, striking and kicking her on the body and repeatedly seizing her by the hair, repeatedly pulling her to the floor, repeatedly kneeling on her stomach, slapping her on the head, spitting on her and seizing her by the throat and compressing it, to her injury.
Defence agent Angela McLardy said: “His attendance has been excused and we are still awaiting disclosure.
“I don’t anticipate that he will change his position.”
She said the difficulty with disclosure was with regards the original law firm that appeared on his behalf initially.
Disclosure is a copy of the evidence that the Crown and police have collected to prosecute an accused’s case.
The court heard that there would be “seven or eight” witnesses at the trial.
Sheriff Gregor Murray continued the case to the trial on February 2.
His bail is continued.