Four people, including a young boy, have been treated for smoke inhalation following a fire in Dundee this morning.
The blaze broke out shortly before 7.20am in the kitchen of a first-floor flat in the city centre’s Palais Court.
Fire crews were first on the scene and entered the property wearing breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.
Colleagues administered oxygen to the flat’s elderly male occupant for handing him into the care of paramedics.
Medical attention was also offered to three others a man, a woman and a boy from the property above.
It is understand they were also affected by smoke from the fire.
Firefighters remained on scene for some time to ventilate the property.