A pair of weeks-old puppies have been killed in a kitchen fire at a Perth block of flats.
The remains of the young German Shepherd and whippet-cross were discovered after a small blaze at a top floor flat in the city’s Logie Crescent.
Emergency services were called to the scene just after 3pm.
Two fire crews used breathing apparatus and carbon dioxide to extinguish the blaze.
It is understood the dogs, named by neighbours as Marko and Molly, died after becoming overwhelmed by fumes from melting plastic.
The animals’ owner was too upset to speak. She was heard to say: “I don’t care about the flat, I just care about my dogs. I’ve only had them a few weeks.”
Fire teams from Perth stayed on the scene until early evening.