Cutting air passenger duty ‘could provide £1 billion boost’

BARCELONA, SPAIN - FEBRUARY 11:  A plane operated by Air Algerie lands at Aena operated Barcelona - El Prat International Airport on February 11, 2015 in Barcelona, Spain. Shares in state-controlled Spanish airports operator, Aena, began trading today on the Madrid stock market. The Spanish government will retain a 51% controlling share in the firm, as it seeks to raise 3.9 billion Euros through the sale of the remaining 49%. Aena operates major hubs in Barcelona and Madrid, as well as a further 15 airports in Europe and America, including London Luton.  (Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images)
BARCELONA, SPAIN - FEBRUARY 11: A plane operated by Air Algerie lands at Aena operated Barcelona - El Prat International Airport on February 11, 2015 in Barcelona, Spain. Shares in state-controlled Spanish airports operator, Aena, began trading today on the Madrid stock market. The Spanish government will retain a 51% controlling share in the firm, as it seeks to raise 3.9 billion Euros through the sale of the remaining 49%. Aena operates major hubs in Barcelona and Madrid, as well as a further 15 airports in Europe and America, including London Luton. (Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images)