The fire-damaged Hydro entertainment venue remains scheduled to open at the end of September, operators have said.
Construction of Glasgow’s new £125 million concert hub suffered a setback when a blaze broke out in the roof space earlier this month.
No one was injured but contractors Lend Lease have spent the last nine days assessing fire and water damage to the 12,000-seat venue due to host Rod Stewart on September 30.
Operators said the project remained on target but did not completely rule out a delayed opening.
A statement said: “Whilst the damage is not as severe as first feared, there remains a number of areas, especially around the roof, that could still impact on the construction programme for completing the Hydro in time for the opening period.
“The construction project remains on target for September completion albeit with some additional challenges that require to be fully resolved.
“Everyone involved in the project remains sharply focused on achieving our opening night concert with Rod Stewart on September 30. Whilst there remains some residual risk, the SEC team will do all we can to support the construction team and be ready for the September opening.
“We will continue to provide regular updates to promoters, artist management and fans as we work to clear these issues.”
Located next to the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre on the banks of the Clyde, the Hydro is also scheduled to host some Commonwealth Games events next year.