The Scottish Open is as important to Richie Ramsay as the Open next week, but although he was planning time with his new family and pleasantly dull domestic duties, he’ll take a place at Royal Troon instead.
So weary he feels like he has to sleep for 80 per cent of every day, Thomas Pieters looked sprightly enough for the other 20 per cent as he remains within one of his lusty drives from the lead in the Alfred Dunhill Championship.
One fears for state of the treadmill at a city centre hotel in Newcastle this morning because Richie Ramsay was not entirely a happy man despite his three-under 67 at the British Masters at Close House.
St Andrews’ Chloe Goadby completed her outstanding 2017 golf season with a historic achievement but has put her clubs away before gearing up for 2018.
Jordan Spieth had to go to the verge of a complete breakdown in front of millions watching around the world before he surged to claim the Claret Jug in another unforgettable final day of the Open Championship at Royal Birkdale.
Masters champion Danny Willett has echoed Rory McIlroy’s concerns about competing in the Olympics this year due to the ongoing threat of the Zika virus.
The nerdy guys in lab coats at Callaway Golf will do anything for Michelle Wie, delving deep into their vaults for whatever she desires, and the result was record-setting in the opening round of the RICOH Women’s British Open at Kingsbarns Links.
Scott Henry won back his dream but was left nearly in tears by it just a few weeks into his comeback on the European Tour.
Rory McIlroy’s eyes darkened as he recalled the man who blanked him when he asked for an autograph.
The honeymoon is over for Darren Clarke, and the real business starts at lunchtime today.