If you’re a fan of Percy Pigs and fancy baking something super simple, this recipe is perfect for you.
When it comes to looking for inspiration to fix up something sweet, Instagram is packed with ideas – especially when it comes to delicious looking bakes.
UK supermarket giant Marks and Spencer’s has shared a recipe Percy Pig fans are bound to enjoy.
Created by London-based food blogger @PlatesOfTate, the Percy Pig crispy bars contain just five ingredients – meaning they’re super easy to make.
All you need is a bit of butter, marshmallows, any rice pop cereal, a bag of the popular sweets and the Percy Pig strawberry sauce and you’re good to go.
Percy Pig Crispy Bars
- 40g butter
- 250g mini marshmallows
- 125g M&S Percy Pig strawberry dessert sauce
- 100g Rice Krispies (you can use any other rice pop cereal equivalent)
- One bag of Percy Pigs, chopped/torn into small pieces
- Line a large square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter over a low heat in a large saucepan, stirring until completely melted.
- Add into the saucepan 200g mini marshmallows, keep 50g in reserve to decorate, then add the strawberry dessert sauce.
- Stir carefully until all completely melted. Take off the heat.
- Stir in the cereal until completely covered in the marshmallow mixture.
- Add in 125g of the torn-up Percy Pig sweets and stir gently.
- Carefully press into the baking tin until flat and even.
- Top with the remaining 50g mini marshmallows and 45g Percy Pig sweets, lightly pressing into the mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for at least four hours, ideally overnight. Carefully slice into bars with a sharp knife when ready to eat.
You can also try out a Percy Pigtini
Other Percy Pig bakes that are sure to inspire you in the kitchen