Make this easy blueberry tray bake and take advantage of seasonal fruit while whipping up a yummy treat.
If you haven’t already heard, blueberries are still in season but not for much longer. That’s why it’s important to use them up in bakes and cakes, such as the tray bake idea below.
For more sweet treat recipes, take a look at more in this series here.
Paysan Breton blueberry tray bake
For the cake:
- 200g soft butter (leave out overnight to soften)
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 200g self-raising flour
- 300g blueberries
For the icing:
- 25g soft butter
- 250g Paysan Breton French Sea Salt cream cheese, at room temperature
- 75g icing sugar, sifted
- Finely grated zest of one orange
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a 20cm by 30cm baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla extract, beating until combined. Add the baking powder and flour and stir in, then stir through most of the blueberries, leaving some for decoration at the end.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tray. Bake for 25 mins until risen and golden or until inserting a skewer in the middle comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin.
- To make the icing, cream the icing ingredients together until smooth. Chill for at least 30 mins while the cake cools.
- Spread the icing over the cake and scatter with extra blueberries.
- To store, keep in the fridge.
Recipe courtesy of paysanbreton.co.uk
Read more in this series…