Justin Bieber has postponed his 2020 tour dates due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The Canadian pop star, 26, had been set to kick-off his Changes tour in Seattle on May 14, followed by stops across the US.
However, all dates have now been postponed.
A statement shared on Bieber’s Instagram said: “In light of the current public health crisis, and with the deepest concern for all those being affected, Justin Bieber will be postponing all currently scheduled 2020 dates for the Changes Tour.
“While Justin – along with his band, dancers and crew – has been hard at work preparing an amazing show, he has always put the health and well-being of his fans first and foremost. Justin is anxiously awaiting the opportunity to get back out on the road and perform in a space that is safe for everyone.”
Fans were told purchased tickets will be honoured for the rescheduled dates, which will be announced soon.
Bieber said: “The health and safety of my fans, team, cast and crew is the most important thing for me. The world is a scary place but we will all figure this out together.
“We held on to these dates as long as we could and I cannot wait to see all of you in person as soon as I can. Be safe and I will hopefully see you soon.”
Changes, to promote the album of the same name, would have been Bieber’s first time back on tour since the Purpose tour in 2017.
The coronavirus pandemic has caused almost all live music events to be cancelled, with health officials warning people to shelter in place to halt the virus’s spread.
Support The Courier today.
The Courier is committed to delivering quality content to our communities and right now that’s more important than ever — which is why our key content is free. However, you can support us and access premium content by subscribing to The Courier from just £5.99 a month. Because Local Matters.Subscribe