No further action will be taken against midfielder Paul Paton following his conviction for assault, Dundee United have confirmed.
The 28-year-old was fined £500 on Tuesday after he admitted assaulting former Celtic and United goalkeeper Lukasz Zaluska on a night out in Glasgow.
He struck Zaluska on the head after an argument, leaving the Pole unconscious on the ground and bleeding from a wound.
A spokesman for Dundee United said the court case and fine brought the matter to an end as far as the Tannadice club is concerned.
He said Paton and former star Mark Wilson, who gave evidence during the trial, had been “dealt with internally” in October last year in the wake of the assault.