The date of Glasgow’s Guy Fawkes night fireworks display has been changed by council bosses to avoid a clash with a Celtic European match.
The annual display will instead be held a night earlier on November 4 at Glasgow Green.
It has been estimated that a total of 100,000 people will make their way to the event and the match against Norwegian side Molde at Celtic Park being played on November 5.
Officials said changing the date of the fireworks display would ensure locals and both audiences have a safe, enjoyable evening while reducing congestion in and around the venues.
The decision was taken in consultation with Police Scotland and all partners involved in delivering the event.
Lord Provost of Glasgow, councillor Sadie Docherty, said: “We always aim to make the Glasgow fireworks display the safest and most spectacular way to enjoy Guy Fawkes night.
“This year we faced the prospect of having a major European football match held at the same time.
“For safety reasons we took the decision to move the fireworks to November 4. The display promises something special for everyone.”