Ex-Dundee United defender Garry Kenneth has been found not guilty of behaving in a threatening manner after a short hearing at Dundee Sheriff Court.
The former Scotland defender appeared in the dock on Wednesday morning accused of “behaving in a threatening or abusive manner” on December 16 following an argument with his girlfriend.
The 29-year-old and partner Reagan Kelbie, 25, had fallen out following a night out.
Kenneth, who now plies his trade in non-league football, was said to have banged on the door of his St Marys Street home after he had “stayed out all night”.
Angered by his failure to return home, Ms Kelbie said she had denied Kenneth entrance to the property and called police after his failure to leave.
Despite calling police, Ms Kelbie told Dundee Sheriff Court on Wednesday Kenneth’s actions had not caused her concern.
The 25-year-old said she had only called officers in an attempt to force the former Tangerine defender to leave the property.
Ms Kelbie informed the court Kenneth left the area and didn’t return after she revealed to him she had contacted police.
When asked if any of Kenneth’s actions had given her cause for concern, Ms Kelbie replied: “No.”
Following Ms Kelbie’s revelation, Sheriff Lorna Drummond QC told Kenneth he was not guilty of the charge and was free to go.
The 29-year-old centre back previously pleaded guilty to a charge of driving without insurance on December 16.
Kenneth was fined £300 for the offence and had six penalty points added to his driving licence.
Once a reported £500,000 target of Blackpool in 2010, Kenneth is now playing in the Scottish Lowland League for Selkirk.
He also works with Dundee fuel dispenser firm Tokheim Ltd.
The defender appeared for Scotland in an international friendly match against Sweden and was part of Dundee United’s 2010 Scottish Cup winning side.