Welcome to The Courier’s morning politics briefing, it’s everything you need to know about politics in your region, and across the country, before you start your day.
New this morning:
- Johnson tells those racially abusing England stars to ‘crawl back under rock’.
Coming up today:
- Nicola Sturgeon is set to announce whether Scotland’s coronavirus restrictions can be eased as planned on Monday.
- The UK’s first marine park, a major experiment in “wet farming” and a project to preserve the Cairngorms landscape are among five schemes receiving a share of £50 million funding.
- Climate change should be treated as an emergency in the same way as the Covid-19 pandemic, according to a new study.
In case you missed it:
- MSPs call for ‘immediate action’ to bring Covid under control as Parliament is recalled.
- ‘Glenrothes MP Peter Grant forced to self-isolate.
- Willie Rennie stepping down as Scottish Lib Dem leader.
- Runners and riders: Who could replace Willie Rennie as Scottish Lib Dem leader?
- Willie Rennie resigns: 10 years of highs and lows at helm of Scottish Lib Dems.
- Oor Willie: 14 of the wackiest Willie Rennie photo stunts.
- Boris Johnson follows Nicola Sturgeon’s lead on face coverings.