Attractions and services across Dundee will be affected when the Queen’s funeral is held on Monday.
The bank holiday will mark the last day of the period of national mourning and allow people to “pay their respects”.
Businesses across Scotland will join a large number of shops and services by shutting for the day as a mark of respect.
It has already been announced that schools and nurseries will close.
Our list gives an overview of what other closures to expect.
It will be updated throughout the week.
The following visitor attractions have announced they will close:
- V&A Dundee
- Dundee Museum of Transport
- Discovery Point
- Verdant Works jute museum
- Broughty Castle
- The McManus Art Gallery & Museum
- Dundee Science Centre
- All council offices will be shut
- Bin collections – All waste collections will be suspended. Uplifts will take place on Tuesday to Saturday instead. Bins should be put out at the kerb a day later than the usual scheduled collection.
- Funerals – Dundee City Council says its funeral services will not be impacted as no burials were planned for Monday. The privately-run Dundee Crematorium will remain open and all arranged funerals will go ahead.
Community centres and leisure facilities
- All Leisure & Culture Dundee facilities including libraries and leisure facilities will shut
- Xplore Dundee says services will run as normal with no temporary adjustments.
- Stagecoach is working its way through any changes to services during the period of national mourning, including on the day of the funeral.
Vaccinations and healthcare services
- GP surgeries will be closed.
- Vaccination centres will remain open for those with an appointment. If you wish to reschedule call 0800 030 8013.
- Emergency, urgent and cancer services, including urgent cancer procedures, radiotherapy and chemotherapy, renal dialysis, urgent inpatient diagnostics and urgent laboratory services, will continue to run.
- Some planned routine procedures and routine outpatient procedures will not go ahead. Patients affected will be contacted directly.
- A small number of community pharmacies in Tayside will be open. More detailed information on this will follow.
- Dundee Dental Hospital will be closed. Many dentists and opticians will be closed, so you’re advised to check directly if you have an appointment for Monday.
Overgate Shopping Centre
A number of shops in the Overgate have announced they will close, including:
- New Look
- Ernest Jones
- Frankie and Benny’s (until 4pm)
- No 1 Currency
The following national chains have closed their stores and branches unless otherwise stated:
- Tesco: Larger stores closed but convenience stores and petrol stations open from 5pm. Online orders cancelled.
- Asda: Stores closed until 5pm and online deliveries cancelled.
- Sainsbury’s: Larger stores closed but convenience stores and petrol stations open from 5pm.
- Morrisons: Stores closed but petrol stations open from 5pm.
Co-op: Stores closed until 5pm.
- French Connection
- WH Smith