The kitchen of a popular Broughty Ferry hotel had to be shut down — after the refrigerators broke down during a visit from Environmental Health inspectors.
Dundee City Council environmental health officers were carrying out a routine inspection of the kitchen at Jolly’s Hotel in Broughty Ferry on Monday when a fault occurred in the refrigeration units.
The pub, which also has 25 bedrooms, had to stop serving food as a result of the malfunction.
It was only able to resume serving meals, from a reduced menu, at noon on Tuesday.
A spokesman for pub owners JD Wetherspoon said the visit from food inspectors and the breakdown had been purely coincidental.
* For more on this story see Wednesday’s Dundee edition of The Courier, also available as a digital edition.