Crabbie’s & Stem Ginger Parfait with Raspberry Sorbet
Prep Time: 10 mins
Freezing Time: 2 hours
- 4 egg whites
- 600ml double cream
- 250g sugar
- 100g of stem ginger
- 200ml Crabbie’s Original OR Scottish Raspberry Alcoholic Ginger Beer
- Small tub of raspberry sorbet
- 100g of fresh raspberries
- Pour the Crabbie’s into a pan and bring to the boil. Continue to boil the Crabbie’s until reduced by 2/3. Let it cool.
- Finely chop the stem ginger.
- Whisk up the cream in a large bowl to a soft peak.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs whites until they become a light white colour then slowly add the sugar, fold into the cream and add the Crabbie’sreduction and stem ginger.
- Place a small amount of the mixture into the glass, add raspberries then keep laying the parfaitand raspberries until the glass is full. Set in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Scoop some raspberry sorbet on top.
Crabbie’s Mexican Chicken and Chorizo One Pot
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: One hour 20 minutes
- 1 kg of large chicken breasts, diced
- 300g chorizo
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 500ml bottle of Crabbie’s Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer
- 3 x peppers (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange)
- 1 large onion
- 500g new potatoes
- 4tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 1 lime
- 500g fresh coriander
- Dice all the vegetables and potatoes.
- Heat oil in a large casserole dish, saute the vegetables until soft.
- Add the chicken, chorizo and spices, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Crabbie’s Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer and tinned tomatoes, squeeze in lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on the casserole dish and cook on a low heat for 1 hour.
- Add water if needed during cooking.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.